We’re home today, waiting for Isaac to hit. The hatches are battened, and it’s super dark in the house with all of our storm shutters closed up. It’s slowly rolling in (as you can see in the photo above), but hasn’t started yet. So far, it’s just a bit windy, and a little eerie seeing houses and businesses boarded up over the last day or so. Seeing how this is our first storm, I may have over-stocked a bit on supplies, so we may be eating granola bars for the rest of our natural lives.
We don’t have any plans to evacuate, although a lot of people have left town. Keep your fingers crossed that we don’t lose power (for too long, at least), and we can have a happy Hurrication from work for a few days!
*The first band of rains have begun while I was typing this.
1. Breakfast! Peanut butter and fruit on fancy bread we found at Whole Foods. Obviously, we’re off Paleo. I was feeling super lethargic and oddly achy all the time, so we reintroduced some grains & dairy, and I feel quite a bit better. Now, I just have to stop break my sudden and overwhelming Oreo habit.
2. Sloth Love Chunk! My wonk eye is at half mast, which I didn’t notice until after I posted to IG!
3. Chicken really does make napping into an art form.
4. I found that at work and it made my night.
5. Pre-wok coffee.
6. My absolute favorites.
7. Finally saw Moonrise Kingdom, and absolutely adored it.
8. Hurricane or not, we get some amazing skies.
9. Hot afternoon Hansen’s Sno-Bliz treat day!
10. My weird fake diner plates that I love.
There’s a new page here called Library, where I posted a bunch of my favorite books. I’m sure I’ll be adding more soon!
Share on Facebook