I was really glad to read that people actually enjoy the Photo Roundups after asking in my last one! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had any real time to spend posting, so this one is a mouthful.
This past Saturday night, the girls at work & I all dressed up as Alice in Wonderland characters. They chose me to be the Queen of Hearts, and I threw a costume together super duper last minute (as in, morning of). I found a red dress buried in my closet, picked up a tiara, and piled on the red eyeshadow. I feel like maybe I looked a little more Amanda Palmer Prom Queen than Queen of Hearts, but it was so fun seeing everyone dressed up!
What are all of you going to be for Halloween?
Miss Munster came back to visit! It’s kind of hard to believe we’ve known each other almost ten years now. She’s the kind of friend that no matter how much time goes by in between visits, whether it’s a few weeks or a few years, we always pick up right where we left off like we just saw each other yesterday.
We also get a little drunk and act like fuckers in photo booths.
While she was here, we did a walking tour of some of the haunted bars in the French Quarter! If you’re ever in town, I recommend downloading the Wicked Walks New Orleans app. It gave a list of spots to visit, along with their history and spooky legends!
We didn’t see any ghosts, but we did consume many a Pimm’s Cup.
Lafayette Cemetery no. 1
1. Up until this weekend, it’s been gorgeous every day. Out of nowhere it’s freezing frakking cold, but we had a few nights that made me fall in love with this place all over again.
2. I found a local bar that still has my beloved Strawberry Abita in stock!
3. The blueberries that weren’t, growing in my front yard. Not quite sure what these berries are.
4. Ryan & I celebrated our third anniversary this month, with roses, steaks, and Afghan Whigs in concert!
5. I went for the first of many upcoming visits to the dentist, and felt awful because I ate a ton of garlic the night before. He got back at me by scheduling a root canal for next week.
6. I got super duper sick from the antibiotics prepping me for the dental work! At one point, I had myself convinced that my appendix was bursting, and then that I had food poisoning, and then I got my appetite back after two days and haven’t stopped eating since.
Does she even need any more captioning? She’s adorable, and she’s turning seven this week!
She isn’t too fond of her chicken hat, though.
Totally more AFP Prom Queen than anything else. Between you and I, I tried drawing on a little heart under my eye, but my skin kept moving around too much to get it on straight. Stupid thirties.
I also discovered that the MAC paint in Flame that I purchased sometime around 2003 is still totally usable. Apparently, that stuff never, ever goes bad (and I should probably clean out my makeup case more often).
Share on Facebook